* The only collection of Mark Rothko originals in Eastern Europe
* One of the best-preserved 19th-century fortresses in Baltics
* Visit the museum devoted to the local specialty – home-brewed šmakovka
Duration: 2 days
2 persons - 352 EUR
4 persons - 468 EUR
6 persons - 564 EUR
We are more than happy to welcome larger groups. Please send us an e-mail to get a quote: email@example.com
* Local guide services - private Daugavpils city tour and private Daugavpils fortress tour
* Train ticket
* Accommodation 4* and breakfast
* Entrance into museums - Šmakovka museum and tasting, Mark Rothko Art center
NB Price is based on double occupancy. Single, triple rooms or upgrades available on request.
It can be arranged as a private tour by car with a private guide all the way. Price on request.
Description of the tour:
Embark on an unusual journey – take a train ride to the second largest city of Latvia on the south-east border of Latvia and delve into a completely different world. After a 3,5-hour ride, you will be met by the local guide in Daugavpils and continue to a city tour completed by a visit to local šmakovka museum with tasting. Evening at leisure – we’ll provide you with recommendations. On the next day after breakfast, the local guide will take you to Mark Rothko museum followed by guided tour in the fortress. Afternoon at your leisure before taking the evening train back to Riga.